Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Ok...giving this craft blogging a try.

I know I struggle with blogging...but I'm going to try my best to do this again. I used to have a bunch of stuff on here that was old and outdated, so now I'm ready to begin again. Welcome to my Creavity Cove!

Let me start this brand new adventure with some of the stuff I just entered at a local county fair. I had a great time with these, and I can't wait for the next fair to see how I do there as well.

Forgive the poor quality pics. I've been sick for a few days, so I did most of this while running around in my jammies and sneezing.

First, my entry into the "Christmas Wreath" category. I LOVE my cricut cutter and this awesome cartridge Winter Lace. I made this by cutting out lots of different snowflakes, hooking them together and then using my awesome Stickles glitter glues to do the decorating. Loved how it turned out!



Next up is a 7 Gypsies printer tray that I put pictures of my daughter in every month for her first year. She is now 6...I'm a little behind! LOL I entered this in a class called "combined materials" as it had many different things included.



In the paper category, there was a class for "card set" so I did something different this time. Totally not my normal style and such, but fun to do and apparently they were liked!



Scrapbook page category, I did these pages of my son at Preschool. Isn't he just the most handsome little man you have ever seen??



Christmas wall hanging category? Yep...pictures of my kiddos at a pretty young age. I think I might re-do this with current Christmas pics this winter.



Here is my entry in the "Easter" category. Anything Easter went here. This was a pretty open category, so fun to see that it did so well. The eggs are digital stamps.



This was for the "Halloween" category.



For the "Thanksgiving" category.



And this was for the "Any Other Holiday" category. Wouldn't it be funny to do like...Arbor Day..or...Columbus Day? Something totally not mainstream?



Ok..thats all for this post. I also won a 3rd place ribbon in the Christmas Ornament, and that was basically the same as the wreath, just one snowflake. In the theme class of "Grow it and Show it" I got a blue ribbon on a card that was basically a big blue ribbon with a pumpkin in the center of the ribbon. Rather corny, but apparently they liked it. I entered some photography as well, and my kids did stuff...so I'll be back with more posts later.

Happy Crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment